Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
Come work for Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., a dynamic company with a bright future.
Currently, we are looking to hire an Accountant to join our team.
As an Accountant at Tessenderlo Kerley, you will be responsible for the preparation of general ledger journal entries, account reconciliations, detailed analysis, and explanations related to accounting transactions of various subsidiaries of the company. In addition, you will have a strong supporting role in the monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and yearly Tessenderlo Group HFM reporting process.
As an Accountant on the team, you will play an important role and be part of a growing team that drives continuous improvement initiatives companywide.
Other responsibilities you could expect would include:
- Assisting with the management of the monthly SAP close process and serving as the primary contact for banking and cash activities.
- Prepare monthly accruals, journal entries, reports, and records by collecting and summarizing account information.
- Assist the accounting management in the month-end close process, while continuously looking to improve and streamline all aspects of the process.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations including understanding how the accounts are used.
- Support and assist the TKI consolidation and group financial reporting Accounting Lead in preparing, reviewing, and uploading financial data and various schedules in the group’s HFM reporting software.
- Primary contact for the TKI entities’ cash and banking activities, including daily balancing between the bank and GL.
- Serve as backup for AR cash application and for others when vacations occur.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Address and answer questions from the accounting management as well as corporate headquarters.
- Assist with the management of financial information and support needed for the annual audit process.
- Identify and recommend solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and relevant work experience.
- Experienced knowledge of accounting standards, processes, reporting, and systems.
- High proficiency in IT skills (SAP or equivalent ERP system, Excel, Word, HFM) is a plus
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, reliability, and a “get it done” attitude.
- Intellectually curious and investigative.
- High proficiency in analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized and be able to effectively work with others and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, assertive and strong team player.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and ten paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Experience level
- Entry Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States