Agronomy Manager India (South)
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals and providing industrial solutions. The group employs approximately 4,600 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2019. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices. Financial News wires: Bloomberg: TESB BB – Reuters: TESB.BR – Datastream: B:Tes
Our business unit Tessenderlo Kerley International (TKI) supplies value-added liquid, soluble and solid plant nutrition in order to support growers in realizing efficient and sustainable agriculture. Our diverse product portfolio combines essential nutrients to improve soil health and increase water infiltration while maximizing nutrient uptake to address the challenges of modern agriculture.
We are the leading producer of sulfur-based plant nutrition. Tessenderlo Kerley International was the originator of Thio-Sul®, the first liquid thiosulfate fertilizer and SoluPotasse®, the best-in-class, water-soluble grade of potassium sulfate (SOP). With K-Leaf®, TKI has the first potassium fertilizer with higher solubility speeds as potassium nitrate (NOP). We offer a wide portfolio of products designed to meet the growing demands of today’s Ag professionals. Within Europe, our products are manufactured at multiple strategic locations in order to provide the best service to our customers. All of our products are manufactured to the highest quality standards and thoroughly tested by our staff of expert agronomists to ensure products meet the high expectations of today’s farmers.
Lead agronomical development work/ support to TGs fertilizer businesses, in India, in line with the long-term potential/ ambition identified and supporting commercial strategy developed, thereby supporting the delivery of sales and margin targets in the region.
Agronomical support and sales
- You gather market intelligence to support value proposition & acquire new customers, incl. analyze and understand competitor products and applications
- You identify/ reinforce value proposition of TGs fertilizers
- You manage a program of product field trials in the region to promote the benefits/ value proposition of the product portfolio
- You maintain, update and actively utilize a network of technical contacts to promote the technical benefits of the products as to develop sales.
- You participate in the production of technical & publicity material
- You provide technical support to customers (i.e., distributors and growers) and other agronomists within TG.
- You advise & influence as to grow sales by supporting commercial distributors
- You ensure highest level of product stewardship on all products including product risk liabilities
- You are a member of Tessenderlo Group’s Agronet Community of Practice
- You prepare annual trial budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
- You submit periodic reports as required by the hierarchical/ functional manager.
- You engage actively in relevant industry organizations, cross-functional associations, and seminars/conventions/events that provide educational, networking, and lead to more sales.
- You network with and identify potential new partners, new customers, new influencers in his/her territory and raise opportunities for improvement with the Country Manager.
- You develop, catalogue and maintain a full archive of technical publications relating to the product portfolio. Make available to the agronomist population within TG
- You actively contributes to a safe working environment for all employees.
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy (or a subject relating specifically to the product usage). Candidates with a Ph D. will be preferred.
- 5- 10 years of relevant agronomical experience in fertilizers and/or crop vitality
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization
- Good knowledge of drip irrigation, fertigation techniques & foliar application.
- Good knowledge of the Indian fertilizer industry
- Basic knowledge/understanding of financial concepts.
- Understanding of B-to-B environment and Indian economical, legal and regulatory aspects
- Ability to develop deep understanding of market and products
- Entrepreneurial, assuming responsibility for performance, recognizing opportunities and acting efficiently
- Self-resilient / highly motivated / strong communication skills
- Prepared to travel in India extensively to support business in different regions & to travel occasionally to the EU/US
- Organized, disciplined and fact based decision making
- Knowledge of usual software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)