Business Data Analyst
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs approximately 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 2.1 billion EUR in 2021. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
For the realization of their continuous growth ambitions in a VUCA data-driven world, the Tessenderlo Group Business Transformation department, located in Brussels, is looking for a Business Data Analyst. In this role you:
- Support the business in providing the appropriate data that is required for running valuable business analytics
- Define and implement processes that enable efficient retrieval of data from existing IT systems and tools
- Translate accurate data into appropriate business insights that will be applied for internal and external communication
- Challenge the current way of processing business data and advice alternative solutions for data management where needed
- Support Group Corporate Social Responsibility in setting feasible but ambitious goals and KPI’s for follow-up
- Define roadmaps for sustainability reporting together with the local Environmental and Social SPOC’s in the business
- Define new metrics that are aligned with the latest Sustainability regulations and guidelines i.e. UNCG, Ecovadis
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree in Bio Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Applied Economics, Commercial Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of successful work experience in an international industrial environment. A background in process/chemical industry would be useful.
- Strong interest in sustainability is valuable asset
- With your profound analytical skills of business processes, you are able to define and visualize insights, and translate them into pragmatic and efficient solutions.
- With your eagerness to learn and your entrepreneurial spirit, you continuously strive to optimize the business reporting performance
- As a service minded team player, you are happy to collaborate in a multicultural context and advice business colleagues towards feasible solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English is a must. Good knowledge of Dutch, French is a good asset.
- Willing to travel occasionally
- A role with responsibilities and a wide variety of activities;
- Participate in ambitious challenges;
- Invest in activities that make sense, in building a better world, because every molecule counts.
In a caring environment;This is what Tessenderlo Group can offer you.