Business Legal Counsel
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs approximately 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 2.1 billion EUR in 2021. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
To provide legal support to one or more business units or corporate departments of the group, the Tessenderlo Group legal department, located in Brussels, is looking for an Business Legal Counsel. In this role you will:
- Providing adequate and pragmatic legal support to the international Business Unit PB Leiner, specialized in high quality gelatins and collagen peptides (pbleiner.com);
- Be a proactive and commercially minded force in contract negotiations (including M&A and joint ventures) and generally all aspects of managing legal risks ;
- Support in the implementation of the Business Unit’s strategic objectives and key projects
- Manage litigations and coordinate with external lawyers;
- Respond in a timely, constructive and commercially minded fashion to requests of internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in educating company personnel as to legal and other risk management considerations with a view to creating and fostering a broad risk management culture within the group;
You report to our general counsel.
- A role with responsibilities and a wide variety of activities;
- Participate in ambitious challenges;
- In a caring environment;
- Invest in activities that make sense, in building a better world, because every molecule counts.
This is what Tessenderlo Group can offer you.