To manage internal and external communication projects for both Tessenderlo Group and its various business units in Europe, the Tessenderlo Group Communication department, has created an additional position of Communication Manager, based in Brussels and/or Ham. In this role you:
- Manage internal as well as external communication processes and projects, with a clear focus on the different target groups. Develop annual communication plans, in line with the targets of Tessenderlo Group.
- Develop diverse communication channels, e.g. intranet, narrowcasting displays, social media, print, email, etc., while carefully monitoring our brand reputation.
- Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of communication channels, ensuring the alignment of internal and external messages and communications.
- Support new projects by providing specific and timely information to enable the various business units and Tessenderlo Group as a whole to engage with stakeholders and bring about change in an effective manner.
- Plan and organize regular events that encourage two-way dialogue between management and employees, as well as with colleagues from different teams to encourage knowledge sharing.
- Develop creative and graphic material for print, digital and other forms of communication and marketing media in a hands-on way.
- Work closely together with the Group Communication team as regards implementing corporate topics and objectives and aligning all corporate communications within Tessenderlo Group.
- Ensure all communication and marketing activities articulate the proper content and image of the organization across all media.
- Collaborate with several business units both in Belgium and abroad.
You report to the VP Group Communication.
- Masters’ degree, preferably in Communications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an (internal) communications role, with strategic and practical experience.
- Profound passion for communication.
- Ability to work in a matrix structure as part of the Group Communication team of Tessenderlo Group.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English.
- Experience in crisis communication is a plus.
- As a team player, you like collaborating broadly across the different business units and communicate easily across all levels.
- Solid strategic insights and ability to translate complex content into short and clear messages.
- As an autonomous worker with an “hands-on” approach, you make sure things get done.
- Keen interest in social media.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to the European Tessenderlo Group sites, if needed.