Contracts & Compliance Legal Manager
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Currently, Tessenderlo Kerley is looking for a Legal Manager of Contracts & Compliance.
As the Contracts and Compliance Legal Manager, you will be an important advisor to the Tessenderlo Kerley Management Team (MT) and other Tessenderlo Leaders on contracting and compliance matters, including the review and preparation of contracts and compliance with all regulatory and Tessenderlo Group Decision Matrix requirements.
You will deliver appropriate, timely, quality contracting services to Tessenderlo Kerley and the Tessenderlo Group global legal team.
If you have a current law license in good standing to practice law in Arizona with at least eight years of experience practicing law with broad exposure to contract and compliance matters, we want you to apply.
What you will do:
- Advise and guide legal/regulatory and commercial aspects of contracts/transactions.
- Be a liaison to the Tessenderlo Group legal counsel.
- Work with all departments within the company to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations along with the Group Decision Matrix’s.
- Work with outside legal counsel to ensure competitive value and reasonable risk management
- Proactively educate and advise legal, reputational, fiduciary, regulatory, and other risks into BU’s.
- Draft, review, and administer contracts and contract database.
- Know how to perform legal, and regulatory research, including corporate organization, product composition filing requirements, and compliance with DOJ rules and regulations
- Develop and maintain standard policies, contract templates, and forms for corporate documentation.
What we need from you:
- A Juris Doctorate with a current law license in good standing to practice law in Arizona
- Minimum 8 years practicing law with broad exposure to contract and compliance matters
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and able to recommend legal strategies.
- Experience with complex commercial transactions
- Ability to prepare drafts and final documentation in a timely fashion, with strong editing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Maternal and Parental paid leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.