Crop Protection Development Manager
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Please note * This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, you manage the company’s global product development activities and coordinate the technical investigation of existing products. You oversee the field development program while investigating these development opportunities. Overall, you are responsible for the technical aspects of the company’s labeled products both internally and externally. You technically support all disciplines within the organization to achieve the financial goals of the company.
Sales and General Commercial Support
- Support the activities of the Director of Development.
- Co-manage with the Field Product Development Manager, North America, the active projects database which tracks the ongoing progress of all development activities, as well as 3rd party development consultants typically conducting field trials. Co-manage the distillation of technical information into concise business conclusions for internal consumption and the creation of external market audiences. Responsible for ensuring the technical accuracy of all internal and external communication.
- Play a direct role in supporting product development and technical advice for the company’s international business. Review and approve field trial protocols, provide technical guidance and advice, and provide occasional in-field support as the business requires.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- Ph.D. in agronomy, weed science, pathology, or entomology is preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience in crop protection product development.
- Training in experimental design and analysis of field trial data – preferable with knowledge of Agricultural Research Manager (ARM) software.
- Experience in reporting out results of scientific work to all levels of internal and external customers.
- Experience in project management.
- Able to identify, qualify and quantify the technical strengths and weaknesses of development opportunities.
- Strong electronic administrative and communication skills.
- Able to project knowledge and ideas through excellent presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic team player but able to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Expected travel requirements are up to 25%.
- Spanish language capability is a plus.
- Director of Development – Global.
- Field Product Development Manager – North America.
- Product Manager – Global.
- Directors, International (commercial managers with multiple country. responsibilities who are closely involved in product development in their markets).
- Key influencers in the crop markets, countries, and crop protection segments important to the company, such as university/extension, crop research institutes, corporate farms, 3rd party development consultants, and other key influencers.
Key Metrics Areas:
- Advancement in the understanding of internal product knowledge and product development processes.
- Continuing/establishing strong relationships with key technical influencers.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States