Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs approximately 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2020. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
To support the business in customs for the different sites, the Tessenderlo Group Tax department, located in Brussels, is looking for a customs specialist/coordinator. In this role you:
- Perform Customs post clearance checks;
- Assure that customs procedures are followed (e.g. AEO, exit confirmations, origin, classification, value);
- Control of compliance with customs rules;
- Assistance with the update of indirect tax master data in SAP;
- Support business with customs when certain shipments/orders are demanding for this;
- Be a first line contact for operational challenges;
- Advice and working closely with internal departments on all matters relating to Customs of all Business units;
- Brokerage management
- Assist the shared service center (who is responsible for the VAT compliance) with VAT related questions (knowledge not required but willing to learn)
You report to Indirect Tax Manager
- You have a Bachelor degree in Accountancy/Tax/Logistics or similar experience; and
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in Logistics/Tax/customs
- Good communication skills in Dutch, French and English. Other extra languages are an extra asset;
- You have a great sense of accuracy;
- Expertise in SAP or Streamsoftware is a plus;
- Willing to learn VAT legislation.
- A collaborative team in a nice environment;
- Participate in ambitious challenges;
- Invest in activities that make sense, in building a better world, because every molecule counts.
In an international company,This is what Tessenderlo Group can offer you.