Energy Country Manager
Tessenderlo Group (Euronext: TESB) is an industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, machinery, mechanical engineering, electronics, energy, and industrial solutions for water management. With headquarters in Belgium, the group is active in over 100 countries and we have a global team of more than 7,000 employees. In 2022, Tessenderlo Group recorded a consolidated revenue of 2.6 billion EUR, or a pro forma revenue (including Picanol Group) of 3.3 billion EUR.
Our group’s conviction, “Every Molecule Counts”, conveys our shared optimism about the potential of our planet and its people. We believe in the power of smart industry to create a positive impact. In everything we do, we seek to further valorize the resources at our disposal. This counts just as much for the end products we make, which we constantly optimize, as it does for the by-products from our processes, which we consistently seek to repurpose as best we can, respecting the planet and its resources.
We Make it Count - as an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives, and they are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages. For more information about Tessenderlo Group, our people, our brands, and our results, please visit www.tessenderlo.com.
To manage and contract energy for the different EU sites, the Tessenderlo Group Energy department, located in Brussels, is looking for an Energy Country Manager. In this role you:
- Maintain and improve the level of service and cost efficiency of the electricity and gas use, in collaboration with the local production sites.
- Follow up the energy market, emission allowances included, in order to constantly evaluate the energy portfolio and to advice the Group and the different sites in a cost efficient use of energy, with a strong feeling for price risk management.
- Contract electricity and gas, negotiating global and long term framework agreements with suppliers, according the need of local production flows.
- Coordinate regulatory affairs, in alignment with grid operators and government agencies, while anticipating changes in legislation, e.g. grid connections.
- Participate in sector federations’ events and platforms, to keep abreast of marketplace trends.
- Guarantee a continuous availability of the department in consultation with your colleagues, i.e. working first 3 working days of the month.
- Execute energy contract related administration, such as invoice controlling at the monthly closing.
- Assist in upcoming energy related projects by sharing expertise
- Cooperate with the energy team, the CSR department and the BU’s in developing the Long-term Roadmap towards net-zero.
You report to the VP Group Energy and Decarbonization
- Masters’ degree in Economics, Business Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Energy Management or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy contracting/energy regulations/energy trading or pricing or other relevant experience.
- Good understanding of energy market dynamics (including forward markets) and price risk management strategies.
- Eagerness to learn and understand (chemical) production processes and the energy marketplace to apply this to advance the organization's goals
- Ability to negotiate with external service providers to outsource specific tasks.
- Driven to improve workflows through analysis, proposal and hands-on execution of workable solutions.
- Strong partnership builder and influencer towards Tessenderlo Group production sites as well as grid operators, government agencies and sector federations.
- Good communication skills in Dutch, French and English, spoken as well as written.
- Good working knowledge of common ICT applications. Expertise in Excel is a plus.
- General Business
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Group
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Group