Financial Plant Controller
PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. We supply a growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. In all our efforts, we strive to be The Clear Solution for our customers. We spot and exploit opportunities, and try to anticipate future trends for them. We pursue outstanding quality and choice, as well as smooth delivery. We have a global presence in terms of both our plants and sales support, and count approximately 1,200 collaborators worldwide. PB Leiner is part of Tessenderlo Group.
You monitor and drive the financial performance of the plant by acting as a business partner of the Plant Director and his Management team. You will manage all financial aspects of the plant within the strategic lines defined by the BU.
This means you are responsible for the closing and financial reporting of our plant in Treforest. This includes:
- Completing/Supervising the month-end closing process. This is to a great extent executed by the management accountant and includes journal preparations, asset capitalizations, technical close in SAP, upload of accounts and KPIs to HFM, balance sheet reconciliations and others
- Responsible and accountable for the accurate application of accounting principles (local and group). Managing the financial system in the plant, keeping the ERP system in line with business requirements
- Support in the validation of actual monthly results reported to the BU and Group, analyze and resolve anomalies and unusual trends
- Commenting and explaining, on a monthly basis, plant results (financial and non-financial) through reporting
- Responsible for the implementation and the management of the reporting processes established by the Business Unit in the plant
- Responsible and accountable for investments, controlling CAPEX and OPEX projects and tracking the (financial) performance of all approved projects
- Responsible for the quarterly forecasts and yearly budget cycles of the entire value chain (including the supplying sister plant in Belgium), where you continuously challenge the assumptions/targets used in the budget and forecasting process
- Accountable and responsible for improvement of the financial and business reporting processes (reducing complexity or avoiding non-value adding processes)
- You act as a SPOC for the internal and external auditor, ensuring that audit findings are properly and timely addressed
As Plant controller you are a member of the local Management Team;
- As the right hand of the Plant Director you advise him/her on all operational and financial aspects and ensure that plant priorities are aligned with BU and plant strategy
- You are the SPOC for the plant management for all key operational issues and you challenge and advise them on decisions and initiatives
- You report in a timely manner the financial & operational performance of the plant and the entire value chain to the management team and all other employees
- You are a business partner to all departments; you help building action plans in line with plant and BU priorities and follow up on execution
- You drive continuous improvement initiatives in all departments
- You lead digitalization initiatives over all departments
- You ensure that all stakeholders have the information they need to effectively execute their job and that they are aligned with the plant’s priorities
Other responsibilities include:
- Being part of a global company, you collaborate with and support our Group consolidation, tax, risk and legal department
- You will ensure full compliance with group and business unit policies and internal control procedures and you are responsible of the implementation of a control environment that ensures the mitigation of financial and business risks (errors, misuse of assets, fraud ...)
- You cooperate closely with the finance teams of other plants to facilitate the exchange and implementation of best practices.
- You are the SPOC for the upcoming upgrade of our ERP-system and make sure that the associated implementation of business processes is in line with BU and plant strategy
- As the IT SPOC for the site, you act as the single point of contact between the BU ICT business partner and the site
- You will hold a Master’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance or a related field of study with applicable experience
- You will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- You have minimum 10 years of relevant experience, experience in one of the Big 4 is advantageous
- You are flexible, open-minded and able to work in a team as well as independently
- You have an excellent critical mindset and analytical skills
- You have strong communication skills / excellent story teller
- Strong financial modelling skills, along with affinity with IT
- You have good knowledge of IT tools, including Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP and/or HFM Hyperion and/or Power BI is a plus
- You drive change and continuous improvement, not just in your own function, but across the board.
- Proven track record of driving change and continuous improvement
- You actively influence day to day decisions, shaping strategy and the direction of the business
- You are the interface or ‘translator’ between finance and operations, a strong operational background with affinity to production/manufacturing would be advantageous
- You are commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs of both operations and management
- They have strong core business skills including influencing, stakeholder management and presentation skills
- You can draw on ‘big’ and ‘small’ data, selecting the appropriate tools to manipulate, analyse and interpret it in sophisticated, audience-appropriate ways
- You are future orientated
What can you expect from us? We are committed to supporting our employees ambitions through training and development opportunities and as a result you may will be required to undertaken some mandatory training and have the opportunity to help train others if you are if sufficiently competent in a given task.
We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applicants from all walks of life. We promote a healthy work life balance and in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- BUPA private medical
- Above average pension contribution structure
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Sickness absence insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Incremental holiday increases
- Social events and more
PB Leiner is part of Tessenderlo Group
Tessenderlo Group (Euronext: TESB) is an industrial group that is a global leader in many different sectors, including agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, machinery, mechanical engineering, electronics, energy, and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs more than 7,000 people, we are a leader in most of the markets in which we operate, and we recorded a consolidated revenue of 3.3 billion EUR in 2022.
Every Molecule Counts - Our group’s conviction, “Every Molecule Counts”, conveys our shared optimism about the potential of our planet and its people. We believe in the power of smart industry to create a positive impact. Whatever we do, we seek to further valorize the resources at our disposal. This counts just as much for the end products we make, which we constantly optimize, as it does for the by-products from our processes, which we consistently seek to repurpose as best we can, respecting the planet and its resources.
We Make it Count - As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives, and they are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages. More information can be found at www.tessenderlo.com