Global Regulatory Affairs Manager
Tessenderlo Group (TG) is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy, and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs more than 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 2.1 billion EUR in 2021. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices. NovaSource (NS), as the crop protection division of TG, delivers a portfolio of proven and effective crop protection products to niche agricultural markets around the world. The NovaSource team is committed to providing registered products and developing new uses for existing products that provide lasting benefit for growers.
NovaSource Regulatory Affairs Managers are responsible for the registration of current and newly acquired crop protection products globally (U.S.A., Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America and/or Canada). The individual will interact with internal and external customers, including regulatory authorities in the support of NS products. Extensive knowledge of pesticide registration and reporting requirements is required. Product chemistry, toxicology, agronomy, analytical chemistry or other technical experience related to crop protection products is desirable. This full-time position will ideally be based on Brussels at the TG HQ with periodic visits to our Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Develop and implement domestic and global registration strategies in support of business objectives.
- Responsibility for regulatory activities on assigned products in the EU, and also in other regions (Asia/Pacific, Latin America and/or Canada) as workload and needs dictate.
- Prepare and submit pesticide registration packages to EU Member States, and other regulatory authorities across the world.
- Use sound science to obtain timely approval of pending petitions, applications and actions.
- Represent TKI in global registration activities, meetings with regulatory authorities, and industry trade associations.
- Provide analysis and expertise in pesticide registration matters in support of strategic business plans.
- Monitor and provide analysis of developing regulations and regulatory trends, and supply comments to internal customers, task forces, trade associations, or regulatory authorities as needed.
- Work with local country personnel and TKI commercial units to prepare dossiers for pesticide package submissions.
- Identify and coordinate external regulatory and scientific consultants towards developing scientific reviews to support, defend, and gain registrations.
- Advise external consultants and/or Contract Research Organizations on appropriate data generation and risk mitigation.
- Expand TKI product labels through the registration of new formulations, additional crops, new or revised use patterns, and petitions for tolerances.
- Maintain knowledge of current pesticide regulations and contact with key regulatory authorities.
- 10+ years of direct experience in agrochemical businesses.
- Experience in negotiation with EU Member States or other regulatory authorities on product defense as well as on greater areas of scientific policy around registration of pesticide products.
- Knowledge of the EU regulatory process for pesticide registration, renewal and regulation.
- Scientific knowledge of applicable area(s) relevant to the regulatory and registration process.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in agriculture, chemistry, environmental or health sciences, toxicology, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent writing, communication, analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal relationship development skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literate: basic functions are mandatory (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Language: Fluent in English is a must and additional EU languages (NL, FR,…) additional plus