Group Internal Audit Director
To guarantee an optimal operational, financial and ICT audit process, taking into account CSR, the Tessenderlo Group Internal Audit & Control department, located in Brussels, is looking for a Group Internal Audit Director. In this role you:
- Assess, define and optimize the audit rules, strategy and procedures, ensuring the embedding of CSR.
- Design and optimize the audit tools and reporting structure, translating them in pragmatic internal audit plans.
- Execute the financial, operational and ICT audits – following standardized schemes and methodologies – and internal risk analysis of businesses and processes.
- Assist ExCom & the M&A Director in M&A processes.
- Communicate the results of the internal audits and the ROI of investment projects, including proposed improvement plans, to the BUs and Group level. Follow-up on the implementation of these action plans.
- Perform reviews and achieve specific risk analysis and/or inquiries in order to prevent fraud and, where appropriate, counter it.
- Setup and conduct the internal audits of all organizations managing pensions in Belgium (e.g. OFP).
- Report to the BU and HQ Directors, ExCom, the Audit Committee of Tessenderlo Group and the external auditors.
- Proactively advise Managers and Directors on processes, procedures and policies to define and implement, ensuring the application of proper decision matrix, procedures and/or rules in every entity of Tessenderlo Group.
- Manage your co-worker in the internal audit team.
You report to the COO/CFO.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or Business Engineering, with a focus on audit and accounting.
- At least 10 years’ internal audit experience.
- Good knowledge of audit tools.
- Internal audit certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CISA or equivalent) is desired.
- With your analytical skills and profound understanding of business processes, you are able to think of long term policies, detect risks, and translate them into pragmatic and efficient action plans.
- As a guiding person by nature (with or without people management experience), you engage your co-workers to develop new knowledge and skills and to collaborate in a multicultural context.
- Fluent communication skills in Dutch, French and English, both written and verbally. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Willing to travel worldwide (30-50%).