Health & Safety Officer
Carlisle or Manchester based
Part time; 24 hrs a week, we can discuss working pattern, including hybrid options
At JDP we are serious about putting Health & Safety first. Our colleagues should arrive safe, work safe, go home safe – every time. We are growing as a business and now need to bolster our H&S team with an experienced Health & Safety colleague.
This role can be located at our Head office in Carlisle (Longtown) or in our regional office in Manchester (Radcliffe). Some travel across our branch network will be required as the need arises but it won’t be over arduous.
In this role you will provide safety coaching, advice and support for our operations (branch network) and operational management to promote improved safety outcomes and culture across our business.
In this role you will:
- Establish strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Motivate your colleagues and imbed excellent safety behaviours.
- Lead by example – live & breathe our safety first approach and uphold high standards.
- Have accountability for risk assessments, accident / incident investigations and the sharing of best practice initiatives.
- Identify areas of weakness and produce & deliver improvement plans.
- Remain competent in H&S legislation & best practice to ensure compliance.
- Train, influence and provide technical expertise to the operational teams.
- Analyse leading and lagging performance trends to develop appropriate response plans to improve safety compliance and outcomes.
You will be a self-starter that is able to coach effectively through strong communication and engagement skills. You will have a Health & Safety qualification (NEBOSH minimum) or equivalent experience. Multi-site experience is desirable but not essential. You will come to us with practical experience of undertaking accident/incident investigations and root cause analysis, reviewing risk assessments and proactively working towards continuous improvement initiatives. You will have to be thorough with good attention to detail.
JDP are one of the leading distributors of civils and drainage products in the UK. As part of Tessenderlo Group, a worldwide organisation in more than 20 countries, JDP and its manufacturing partners are some of Europe's leading experts throughout our industries. With a network of 26 branches across the UK, JDP is undergoing a period of growth and change and we need motivated and knowledgeable people that can help us achieve our goals.
If you are interested in becoming part of this exciting journey please apply!