Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers is a passion and commitment that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to positively impact the world, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As the HR Representative, you will work closely with managers and employees and be a key representative on the team. You will provide critical support and guidance in all functional areas, including benefits, recruitment, onboarding, employee recognition, training, HRIS reporting, compliance, talent and performance management, employee engagement, and policy and procedures.
If you enjoy being part of a collaborative team that values teamwork and providing excellent service to its organization, we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
What you will do:
- Interpret HR policies and align resources, people, and strategic goals to meet TKI objectives;
- Practices across all multi-state locations, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
- Provide administrative support to all functional HR areas;
- Support and/or conduct new-hire orientations in accordance with other onboarding activities;
- Participate in performance evaluation processes;
- Support in company benefit and wellness programs;
- Respond to employee inquiries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner;
- Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all HR department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems;
- Assist/Facilitate with HR and Company projects, programs, or committees as assigned;
- Administer and complete federal and/or state administrative reporting as may be required, such as EEO-1 annual reports, unemployment, etc.;
- Continuously maintain and update HR knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities and training, including networking and professional organizations;
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- BA/BS in HR, business administration, or relevant field. With 2-4 years of proven experience in a similar role; or 4-6 years of combined experience;
- Desire to be part of a collaborative team and customer service-oriented;
- Successful work experience as a Human Resources Specialist, Generalist, or other HR position;
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g., compensation and benefits, recruitment, training, and development);
- Commitment to staying current on the understanding of labor laws and best practices;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of HRIS platforms;
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making;
- Strength of character, ethics, commitment, and reliability;
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP Certification;
- Unwavering integrity and the highest ethical standards.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.