HSE Regional Specialist
Are you passionate about ensuring employee safety and protecting our environment? Are you able to recognize, evaluate and recommend controls to address workplace hazards and lead efforts to make important changes? Do you enjoy being an impactful partner to the business?
If you answered yes, we invite you to learn more about our exciting opportunity in our Health, Safety, and Environmental Team at Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
Join us as a Health Safety Environmental (HSE) Regional Specialist, and you will be an essential partner in continuing our long-standing HSE Excellence across all of Tessenderlo Kerley Inc.
As an HSE Regional Specialist, you will play a critical role in supporting our seven chemical processing facilities located in the US Mid-Western and Eastern Regions. You will be centrally located to the facilities in the Tulsa OK - Oklahoma City regional area.
Ideally, you will have at least seven years of in-depth HSE experience in the chemical manufacturing/process industries, emphasizing safety program content and goals. Experience with supporting PSM programs and refinery operations and professional certification will be a big plus!
What you will do:
- Conduct periodic Health and Safety audits of process facilities to identify potential hazardous work areas and procedures and recommend corrective actions.
- Analyze and prepare HSE procedures, training programs, and corporate-wide HSE initiatives to reduce operational risks.
- Participate in HAZOP studies.
- Lead and assist in analyzing current and proposed government regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT, and other entities) to ensure compliance and possible implications to the business.
- Responsible for leading incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Assist in the development of the HSE program and initiatives.
- Act as SME in the review of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Hazard Assessments and other site-specific written programs, forms, and documents submitted by managers.
- Serve as a core member of the Central Regulatory Group.
- Apply advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in successfully resolving high-impact, complex, and cross-functional problems.
- Provide specialized HSE guidance, conduct, and subject matter training to plant and corporate personnel.
- Analyze regulations and assist operating facilities with complying with those regulations.
- Travel to facilities as necessary.
What we need from you:
- BS degree in HSE, Engineering or Science related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree, HSE professional a plus.
- PSM and VPP experience a plus.
- You will have seven or more years of work experience in a chemical manufacturing/process environment.
- You will have strong writing capabilities, ideally with writing corporate procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze regulations and assist operating facilities with compliance strategies.
- You will have a working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, and NFPA regulations, applicable State requirements, and industry standards.
- Able to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
- Must be able to travel up to 40%.
- You will have excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience with managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a remote setting.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.