HSE Specialist I
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As a Health Safety Environmental (HSE) Specialist I at Tessenderlo Kerley, you will have 0 - 3 years of HSE program experience with an emphasis on environmental program aspects. You will be responsible for supporting HSE programs for 12 chemical manufacturing plants and the Corporate Office.
- Assist with periodic HSE Assessments of facilities to identify workplace hazards and procedures, support efforts that ensure regulatory compliance, and recommend corrective actions.
- Coordinate programs associated with Occupational Medical Monitoring, Trip Reduction Programs, Fertilizer Registration, and Safety Data Sheet Management.
- Help lead HSE programs at the Corporate HQ office and Product Innovation Center.
- Support preparation of HSE procedures, training programs, and corporate-wide HSE initiatives to reduce operational risks.
- Assist analysis of current and proposed government regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT, and other entities) to ensure compliance and possible implications to the business.
- Support incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Assist in the development of the HSE program and initiatives that support the development of a world-class HSE program.
- Serve as a member of the Central Regulatory Group.
- Support resolution of complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Support development and delivery of HSE training content to employees.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors:
- BS degree in HSE-related discipline and 0 – 1 years experience. Or a BS Engineering or Science related degree and one or more years of HSE program support experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze regulations and assist operating facilities with compliance strategies.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, and NFPA regulations, applicable State requirements, and industry standards.
- Able to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a remote setting.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%.
- Must be able to climb ladders, lift 25 lbs., and walk for up to 4 hours a day.
- Must be able to be full-face respirator certified.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- 401k Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- HSE- Health Safety Environment
- Experience level
- Entry Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States