I & E Technician
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
You operate the facility according to Jupiter Sulphur policy and procedures and in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
Key Accountabilities (Performance Profile):
- Perform preventive maintenance of plant equipment and instrumentation.
- Repair of plant equipment including all plant instrumentation.
- Containment, clean-up, packaging, and labeling of Hazardous Waste according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Order and maintain necessary spare parts inventory for process equipment.
- Participate in the plant safety program including presenting and attending required safety meetings, reporting potential hazards, and performing monthly safety inspections.
- Routine inspection of vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure or damage.
- Maintain maintenance shop and maintenance storage areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist in plant projects including maintenance, turn-around, lockout/ tag-out, and confined space entries.
- Implement an emergency response plan and assist in the mitigation of emergencies.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors:
- HS Diploma or GED required. An associate or bachelor’s degree in the Electrical/Instrumentation and Control field is preferred.
- Verifiable training or work experience is required.
- Technical and mechanical experience desired.
- Experience Strong mechanical and technical knowledge and skills
- Must be able to read and understand manuals.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate – Must know basic computer skills
- Ability to wear PPE as required.
- Ability to climb and work from heights when required.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.