ICT Support Engineer
Within the context of the realization of an ambitious worldwide Digital Roadmap, the Tessenderlo Group global ICT department, located in Brussels, is looking for an ICT Support Engineer, to support and resolve end-user issues with hardware and software. Together with a talented team of User Support Engineers that guarantee the overall response to user inquiries, troubleshoot, diagnose problems and identify solutions with IT equipment and applications, you:
- Provide advice, training, and assistance to users, including the setting up the ICT equipment, on-site as well as remote, to resolve queries and ensure the applications are understood by the business colleagues.
- Help others to get the most out of the business application by providing support and advice.
- Produce and update best practice support, policies and procedures on a wide range of user support related topics to share knowledge with team members.
- Draft and maintain basic technical and/or user documentation to a high standard.
- Provide initial fault isolation and propose resolutions to limit and address issues promptly. Escalate to other ICT competence teams, if necessary.
- Schedule your tasks in an efficient way and, if necessary, collaborate with others in order to speed up the workflow and ensure high-priority tasks get done.
- Work together with colleagues from other ICT competence teams in global projects, such as infrastructure updates, etc., liaising with vendors, if necessary.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing training and reading specialist media.
- Duty Support (24/7, on call every 5 weeks).
You report to the Global Service Management Office (SMO) Manager.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent through experience.
- Big appetite to learn about new technologies and ways of working is more important than experience.
- A good general technical background in (most of) these applications and technologies is recommended:
- Windows 10: Installing client OS via SCCM, Windows OS troubleshooting and support
- Basic experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- User management and group management in Active Directory (on premise and Azure)
- Basic troubleshooting experience in SCCM
- General use and user creation in Skype for Business/Microsoft Teams/Webex
- General use, installation and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office 2010/2016/365
- User management, distribution group management, resource management and mail tracking in Microsoft Exchange 2010/Online
- User admin and troubleshooting in RSA/VPN
- User admin, app use in Mobile Device Management
- Basic experience with monitoring and interpretation data in Nagios/Check MK
- Virus detection, troubleshooting and deleting in Trend Micro
- User admin in Cisco Call Manager
- Basic knowledge of SAP/SAP CRM
- Basic knowledge of VMware/Sphere
- DELL-hardware troubleshooting experience
- Troubleshooting in Citrix
- Basic knowledge of DNS and DHCP
- Basic knowledge, troubleshooting and monitoring of network technology (firewalls, switches, routers)
- Scripting in PowerShell is a plus
- Service minded team player with good communication skills in Dutch, English and French, both written and verbally.
- Autonomous problem solver who remains calm and customer oriented in stressful situations.
- With your analytical eye and proactive approach, you keep on spotting opportunities for improvement.
- Willing to travel to other Belgian Tessenderlo Group sites (Ham, Tessenderlo, Pelt, Vilvoorde) and occasionally within Europe.
Starting in this position offers you the possibility to build experience in a varied global support position, where you can get to know all about the Tessenderlo BUs and their diverse technologies. After an initial run-in period you can also collaborate on global infrastructure projects to deepen your expertise in line with your own interest and ambition to develop.