Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs approximately 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2020. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
To assist in the optimization of the HR related global insurance & benefit programs, the Tessenderlo Group HR department, located in Brussels, is looking for an Insurance Specialist. In this role you:
- Support the further improvement & optimization of employee related life insurance programs (pension, disability, death in service, health, private life) by providing financial, market and legal insights as well as analysis of the diverse existing programs in the different Tessenderlo BUs worldwide.
- Collaborate with the Group Reward Manager to provide oversight, management and drive strategic direction of the complex insurance portfolio in combination with other benefit programs.
- Coordinate the worldwide employee insurance programs, including insurance broker relationship management, data collection, marketing, procurement & audit oversight.
You report to the Group Reward Manager.
- Masters’ degree in Business Management, Finance and Insurance or equivalent through experience. Additional degree in Risk & Claims Management and/or Actuarial Engineering is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in employee related insurance programs, including in-depth risk analysis and modelling.
- As an analytical thinker you are able to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information, combining these elements to global framework.
- With your financial insights and actuarial background, you easily interpret the main direct and indirect risks and costs as well as the local differences in employment law and context to make better business decisions.
- As a proactive problem solver, you formulate sustainable and pragmatic solutions and execute them in a hands-on way.
- Good communication skills in English, Dutch and French, both written and verbally.
- Willing to travel occasionally (max. 10%), mainly to France or the Netherlands.