PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. We supply a growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. In all our efforts, we strive to be The Clear Solution for our customers. We spot and exploit opportunities, and try to anticipate future trends for them. We pursue outstanding quality and choice, as well as smooth delivery. We have a global presence in terms of both our plants and sales support, and count approximately 1,100 collaborators worldwide. PB Leiner is part of Tessenderlo Group.
To perform testing and support of testing of gelatin, gelatin hydrolysates, and by-products in the Chemistry and Microbiology Labs. A fully trained lab technician will rotate through 3 work stations on a weekly basis and participate in project work as needed.
- Aseptically prepare all submitted samples for testing.
- Prepare composite samples as needed.
- Perform routine tests as assigned per position. Follow established test methods and report any issue or error with testing.
- Perform any non-standard testing as needed.
- Prepare and send samples for outside laboratory testing.
- Clean and wash all materials used in testing.
- Clean, calibrate, and maintain equipment as needed and as assigned by Supervisor and/or Coordinator.
- Preparation of all standards and reagents need to perform testing.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned quality control laboratory.
- Record all data on lab worksheets, request sheets and in databases.
- Peer review of paperwork generated by other technicians.
- Assist other laboratory technicians as needed.
- Project work as allowed/scheduled and other tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Coordinator.
- Assist in new hire onboarding as appropriate
This position requires 2 years of laboratory experience or an associate degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, food science or related field with applicable laboratory class work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.