Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As an Maintenance/Operator at Tessenderlo Kerley Inc. (TKI), you will support plant and terminal operations by following TKI policy and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. You will exude integrity and be a hard-working individual who wants to grow and develop within an organization. You will work alongside Plant Manager and Operators while supporting the Dumas, Texas Plant.
As a Dumas Plant Maintenance/Operator you will be part of a small on-site team and become part of a dynamic organization that promotes innovation and creative thinking. You will strive for operational and safety excellence every day as you help sustain TKI’s long-standing safety record, which has allowed the Dumas production facility to operate for more than 56 years without a single lost time incident.
At Tessenderlo Kerley, safety is our number one priority. If this is a value you share, we invite you to learn more about our exciting opportunity as a Plant Maintenance Operator.
- Load and unload railcars in accordance with TKI policy and OSHA, EPA, BOE, HM126, and DOT regulations.
- Load and unload trucks in accordance with TKI policy and OSHA, EPA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Contain, clean up, package and label hazardous waste according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Fill out and sign Bill of Ladings and other paperwork associated with the loading and unloading process. Obtain retained samples of the loaded trucks and railcars.
- Participate in the plant safety program including present and attend the required safety meetings, reporting of potential hazards, and performing monthly safety inspections.
- Routinely inspect vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure or damage.
- Maintain plant property in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist in plant projects including maintenance, turn-around, lock out/ tag out and confined space entries.
- Implement Emergency Response Plan and assist in mitigation of emergency situations.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work with co-workers and customers in a professional manner.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- Education – HS diploma minimum;
- Good experience with mechanical and technical knowledge and skills
- Must be able to read and understand material
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate – must know basic computer skills
- Technical and mechanical experience desired.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.