Operational Excellence Manager
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs more than 4,700 people, is a leader in most of its markets, and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2019. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Are you driven to lead an international entrepreneurial organization through an operational excellence journey?
To accelerate the implementation of the Group Operational Excellence strategy in the different Business Units, Tessenderlo Group, with its HQ located in Brussels, is looking for an Operational Excellence Manager.
In collaboration with BU and Group management, the Operational Excellence Manager leads the journey to optimize the working methods, improve efficiency, streamline processes, look for best practices and synergies, ensure continuous improvement, and focus on productivity and reduction of waste, costs and non-adding value tasks. In this role you:
Ensure that the BU specific programs, with short term and long term plans, stay in lign with the Group Operational Excellence strategy
Assist with the implementations of techniques, tools and processes in conjunction with the local site management. Use a hands-on approach, being present on the work floor, to start up initiatives and projects.
Facilitate adequate training. Coach the local management, site facilitators and others. Support the local project managers, who lead the different initiatives or take the lead yourself.
Monitor Operational Excellence performance and KPI trends and report all findings to the BU Management Team, Site Managers and Head of Digital Transformation and Operational Excellence.
Stimulate the sharing of knowledge, best practices and successes, across the different BUs. Take part in the community and ensure interactive exchange.
Design and implement, together with local HR management, change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. Create a culture of continuous improvement and focus on performance and efficiency, within Tessenderlo Group.
Act as an expert in Operational Excellence matter. Participate in the center of excellence on Group level, by sharing knowledge and expertise within multidisciplinary teams. Assist or lead investigations of major root cause analysis, process mapping and other operational excellence techniques. Consolidate the recommendations for future improvements.
Embrace modern technology which supports the acceleration of the Operational Excellence journey, in close collaboration with the Operational Technology Team.
You report to the Head of Digital Transformation and Operational Excellence
- Masters’ degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Bio-Engineering, preferably combined with a supplementary Economic or Business’ degree.
- Lean Black Belt Certification, or other Operational Excellence techniques certification are highly recommendable.
- 10 years’ experience in a high performing industrial organization in a similar or operations focused role.
- Successful project management experience and working well structured.
- Combination of fact based analytical skills, a pragmatic can-do attitude and hands-on approach.
- Keen to bring ideas to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Collaborative spirit to work together in cross-functional teams and listen to the local needs
- Motivated to work in a diverse global industrial group and a matrix reporting environment.
- Financially literate, with solid business acumen.
- A role with responsibilities and a wide variety of activities.
- Participate in ambitious challenges.
- Invest in activities that make sense, in building a better world, because every molecule counts.
- In a caring environment.
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits.