Operator (Temporary position with GREAT benefits + bonus!)
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
This isn't your typical Operator temporary position! Tessenderlo Kerley is looking for a qualified, skilled Operator to fill a short-term position that comes with benefits, a retention and safety bonus, AND the possibility of relocating for a permanent position!
- $2500 retention and safety bonus (provided employee completes the assignment).
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Paid holidays and vacation days.
- Potential to relocate to another Tessenderlo Kerley facility at the end of the assignment.
- Position ends approximately on December 31, 2022.
As an Operator at Tessenderlo Kerley Inc., you will support plant and terminal operations by following Tessenderlo Kerley's policy and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. You will exude integrity and be a hard-working individual who wants to grow and develop within an organization. You will work alongside Leading Plant Managers while supporting the Elko, Nevada Plant.
As the Elko Plant Operator, you will be part of a team and become part of a dynamic organization that promotes innovation and creative thinking. You will strive for operational and safety excellence every day as you help sustain Tessenderlo Kerley's long-standing safety record, which has allowed most of our production facilities to operate for more than 20 years without a single lost-time incident.
At Tessenderlo Kerley, safety is our number one priority, if this is a value you share as well, we invite you to learn more about our exciting opportunity as a Plant Operator.
- Loading and unloading of trucks and railcars in accordance withTessenderlo Kerley policy and OSHA, EPA, HM-126, BOE, and DOT regulations.
- Reading and recording of local instrumentation. Obtaining and analyzing product samples to ensure product quality.
- Containment, clean up, packaging, and labeling of Hazardous Waste according to HAZWOPER training and OSHA, EPA, RCRA, HM-126, and DOT regulations.
- Outside operation of manual valves and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correct irregularities with the process and process equipment.
- Participate in the plant safety program including presenting and attending required safety meetings, reporting of potential hazards, and performing monthly safety inspections.
- Routine inspection of vessels and equipment to prevent equipment failure or damage.
- Maintain plant property in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist in plant projects including maintenance, turn-around, lockout/ tag-out, and confined space entries.
- Implement an emergency response plan and assist in the mitigation of emergency situations.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- HS Diploma or GED in the related field is required
- Good mechanical and technical knowledge and skills
- Must be able to read and understand the material
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate – must know basic computer skills
- Area Manager – Tessenderlo Kerley Operations
- Tessenderlo Kerley Office Personnel and other Onsite Personnel
- Customer’s, Drivers, and Tessenderlo Kerley Tech Services
Key Metrics Areas:
- Support plant operations in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work with co-workers and customers in a professional manner
- Comply with all Tessenderlo Kerley policies
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.