Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering, and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
The Payroll Specialist is an important member of the HR Group and is primarily responsible for the preparation, processing, and review of payroll.
Key Accountabilities (Performance Profile):
- Ensure payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner. Manage compliance with the company’s payroll policies, procedures, and internal controls while continuously exploring enhancements and improvements in the current system and processes.
- Review all bi-weekly timesheets.
- Manage the bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state or country payroll - including garnishments, benefits, and taxes to all employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Provide coordination and support in the effective application of compensation administration, policies, and practices.
- Assist with the payroll-related bi-weekly end-close process, including reporting and reconciliations.
- Ensure all payroll and compensation information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements while coordinating and managing the security of employee data information.
- Oversee federal and state pay compliance and statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Interpret current and new federal/state legislation related to payroll. Make recommendations to the payroll manager on the need for review/revisions to remain in compliance.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Assist with the payroll-related information and support needed for the 401(k), workman’s comp, and annual audit processes.
- As a member of the HR Group, ensure systems are set up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time, and other related items.
- Work at the highest level of confidentiality on all matters.
- Provides support and training to HRIS users in utilizing the functionality of all aspects of the payroll system.
- Process employee verification requests as they are received.
- Design payroll-related processes to minimize manual interventions and maximize automation.
- Absorb other Payroll/HR-related assignments, within reason, as requested by HR leaders.
- Evaluate pay analysis with the partnership of HR Leaders and market data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, HR, or related field with 3-5 years of experience.
- Payroll certification (i.e., APA, CPP,) preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise of payroll and accounting principles, practices, processes, reporting, and systems.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing.
- Data Management
- Reporting Skills
- Compensation and Wage Structure
- Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Familiarize with and keeps current with the taxation of salaries, benefits, and other
- Advanced Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Payroll systems)
- Hands-on approach with high attention to detail and accuracy, organization, reliability, and a “Operational Excellence” attitude.
- High proficiency analytical and problem-solving skills
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States