Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As a Piping Designer at Tessenderlo Kerley, you will play an essential role in the design and development of complex piping systems for our company.
As a Piping Designer on the Project Services team, you will be part of a dynamic team reporting to the Design Manager and be responsible for preparing piping and mechanical equipment layouts in accordance with Process and Instrumentation diagrams, engineering specifications, and industry standards. In addition, you will have opportunities to grow and develop skills and have an impact on the design and development of new and existing company facilities.
Under the direct supervision of the lead designer, you will be responsible for:
- Create detailed piping layouts, isometric drawings, and material take-offs in compliance with industry codes and standards (e.g., ASME, API, ANSI).
- Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) and 3D modeling software (e.g., AutoCAD, Cadworx Plant, or similar) to develop accurate and efficient piping designs.
- Optimize piping system layouts for efficiency, safety, and maintainability while adhering to client specifications and regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including process engineers, structural engineers, and project managers, to ensure alignment of design with overall project goals.
- An associate's degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience as a Piping Designer in a relevant industry or sector for at least 2 to 5 years
- Must have a good working knowledge of fabrication and construction practices and procedures in conformance with industry standards.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and 3D modeling software, as well as knowledge of industry-specific software.
- Good working knowledge of Cadworx Plant Professional design software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality.
If you are a motivated and dedicated Piping Designer looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to challenging projects we encourage you to apply.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.