Power BI Engineer
Tessenderlo Group (Euronext: TESB) is an industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, machinery, mechanical engineering, electronics, energy, and industrial solutions for water management. With headquarters in Belgium, the group is active in over 100 countries and we have a global team of more than 7,000 employees. In 2022, Tessenderlo Group recorded a consolidated revenue of 2.6 billion EUR, or a pro forma revenue (including Picanol Group) of 3.3 billion EUR.
Our group’s conviction, “Every Molecule Counts,” conveys our shared optimism about the potential of our planet and its people. We believe in the power of smart industry to create a positive impact. In everything we do, we seek to further valorize the resources at our disposal. This counts just as much for the end products we make, which we constantly optimize, as it does for the by-products from our processes, which we consistently seek to repurpose as best we can, respecting the planet and its resources.
We Make it Count - as an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives, and they are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages. For more information about Tessenderlo Group, our people, our brands, and our results, please visit www.tessenderlo.com.
To deploy reports & dashboards in Power BI, the Tessenderlo Group global ICT department, located in Brussels, is looking for a Power BI Consultant. In this role you:
- Have to understand business requirements in the BI context and design data models to convert raw data to meaningful insights.
- Will create dashboards and visual interactive reports using Power BI.
- Will identify KPIs with clear objectives and monitor them consistently.
- Can analyze data and present it through reports that can help in decision-making.
- Are able to convert business requirements into technical specifications and plan a timeline to accomplish tasks.
- Will design, develop, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform efficient detailed analysis.
- Can perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI.
- Will create charts and document data with algorithms, parameters, models, and relations explanations.
- Will conduct data warehouse development.
- Will perform SQL queying for best results.
- Can use filters & graphs for a better understanding of the data.
- Will define & design new systems by analyzing current ETL processes,
- And make technical changes to existing BI systems in order to enhance their working.
You report to the Global BI Teamlead.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Business Engineering or a related field.
- Between 3 & 7 years’ experience as Power Bi engineer.
- Skills in BI tools and BI systems, such as Power BI, SAP, Tableau, etc., creating data-rich dashboards, implementing Row-level Security (RLS) in Power BI, writing DAX expressions, developing custom BI products with scripting and programming languages such as R, Python, etc.
- Good experience with BI tools or any data-specific role with a sound knowledge of database management, data modeling, business intelligence, SQL querying, data warehousing, and online analytical processing (OLAP.)
- In-depth understanding and experience with Microsoft BI stacks such as Power Pivot, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- The ability to drill down data and visualize it in the best possible way through charts, reports, or dashboards.
- Understanding of software development architecture as well as technical aspects.
- Skills of ETL/ELT and experience using Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse and/or Data Bricks is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP BW is a plus.
- Eager to learn & adapt new technologies.
- Service minded team player with good communication skills in Dutch-English or French-English, both written and verbally.
- A role with responsibilities and a wide variety of activities;
- Ambitious challenges;
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits;
- Activities that make sense, in building a better world, because every molecule counts.
- In an optimistic environment.
- Information Technology
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Group
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Group