Project Controls Scheduler
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Currently, we are looking for a Project Scheduler to join our Project Services Team. You will join an engineering, procurement, and construction team committed to operational excellence.
As the Project Scheduler, you will be responsible for developing, supporting, and updating detailed project and program schedules that effectively communicate to all levels of the project team and stakeholders.
During a typical day, you could find yourself supporting the team by collecting and collating data and interpreting timelines. You could also support the month-end earned value reporting process including assessing (BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, SPI, CPI, EAC, BAC, and VAC for the MCRE) projects with variance reports written for any values that exceed established thresholds. And also regularly update and provide weekly progress reports, layouts, and publication of the master schedule.
Other tasks you could expect to do are:
- Developed and maintained MS Project master projects schedule integrated with cost elements for earned value analysis and reporting.
- Assign, planning, and leveling Portfolio resources to the program schedule.
- Maintain an Earned Value Management System in accordance with TKI-PS procedure/requirements to monitor and report monthly /schedule performance ratio.
- Lead coordination of schedules with internal and external customers/partners, as well as project status reporting, summary, and analysis.
- Perform various types of analysis including trend, graphics, earned value, productivity, risk and/or any other identified Key Performance Indicators.
- Make formal presentations and generate reports for management and customers.
- Act as a lead scheduler for EPC projects as identified. Direct schedule integration and updates from project partners.
- Manage changes in the schedule and communicate the impact to higher management and the customer.
- Develop CPN schedules for highly complex projects, including the development of process maps (workflow) and work breakdown structures (WBS).
- Implement cost control, total project forecasting, and monthly cash-flow forecast based on the analysis of the actual incurred cost against the agreed budget, inclusive of work in place and project trends.
- Monitor cost performance to detect and understand variances from the budget.
- Produce accurate and unbiased cost forecasts at a detailed and summary level.
- Provided leadership, training, guidance, scheduling and mentoring to the projects.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 10+ years work experience as project scheduler
- Bachelors in Science in Engineering, Economics or Business Administration
- PMI or AACE Project Control Professional qualification or equivalent is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in the Last Planner System and Lean Construction is preferred
- Proficiency in Primavera P6, MS Project, Monte Carlo Simulation software such as Pert master or Safran Risk, MS Office, Google Suite.
- Knowledge and experience in Earned Value Management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good data analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP finance module.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently as well as within a team.
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively and interact with employees at all levels.
Please note: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Maternal and Parental paid leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Operations - Plants
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States