Project Manager **Can be based anywhere in England/ Scotland or Wales
With more than 45 years of expertise in drainage and water management JDP is more than a merchant. JDP combine quality products, stock in-depth, knowledgeable staff, dedicated delivery and technical assistance to be the one-stop shop.
JDP are looking to recruit a Project Manager on a permanent basis to take the lead on our ambitious development programs.
The primary purpose will be to work with cross functional teams to manage the delivery of a variety of initiatives within a fast paced environment. The successful applicant will play a pivotal part in supporting Regional Managers with various projects such as new branch openings (including sourcing new commercial locations), in branch technology development and support the JDP brand with an overhaul of our Trade Counters across the country. You will have responsibility for managing the development process from inception through to successful delivery of each project.
To be successful you will have experience of leading the delivery of various projects, excellent attention to detail, a get up and go attitude and an ability to get things done. Ideally you will have a knowledge of our products and the industry we work in, it is useful but not essential.
JDP is a national civils drainage company – we’re serious about pipe, drainage and storm water management! For the right person this is an exciting role, offering lots of variety.
Whilst this role is flexible and allows for remote working, regular travel within the UK will be necessary. Our team are located at our head office near Carlisle and you will work mainly with our Regional Managers across the country.
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables in line with JDP strategy.
- Ensuring that identified projects are delivered to budget, agreed timescales and scope, whilst managing expectations of stakeholders.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Regional Managers and other stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders to propose and agree realistic and achievable project plans.
- Proven experience in managing projects in a commercial organisation
- Flexible and pragmatic in working practices
- Strong project management experience
- Familiarity with Commercial leasing, from heads of terms to execution,
- Proven ability to work with teams across functions with conflicting interests.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills to problem solve and seek solutions, along with attention to detail
- An ability to multitask and manage tasks with varying priorities to influence successful outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills both with internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, professional and committed.
In return we offer:
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holiday
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Full support and training
- Staff Discounts
As we enter a period of growth, there has never been a better, more exciting time to join our team! If you can recognise yourself in the above, we look forward to receiving your application!