Project Services Assistant
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Currently, Tessenderlo Kerley is looking to hire a Project Assistant.
As the Project Assistant, you will support engineering, design, fabrication, procurement, and accounting in processing, developing, populating, and/or maintaining project documentation as well as be responsible for general administrative support for multiple engineering and design disciplines and project management teams.
If you are looking to be part of a collaborative team where you will have opportunities to learn about the business and make an impact on projects that will impact the growth of the company, I invite you to read on and learn more about the Project Assistant a critical role for the project services team at Tessenderlo Kerley.
Some things that you could expect to do as Project Assistant are:
- Support Project Manager (PM) in all facets of tracking, filing, meeting minutes, etc. necessary to facilitate and manage a project
- Create, track and maintain a detailed report of all project documents
- Schedule and attend project meetings as required by project management, and maintain project notes and correspondences
- Perform word-processing duties to generate project documents as necessary
- Under the direction of technical staff, assist in writing technical entries and process Procurement Request Forms (PRF) and Sole Source documents, and distribute notifications after applicable approvals
- Data entry of PRF information into SAP
- Upload PRF, purchase orders and other documentation into SharePoint
- Track status of purchasing documents requiring execution
- Maintain Procurement Status Report (PSR)
- Expedite purchase order items or services
- Maintain contact with vendors regarding expediting, shipments, and deliveries of material and equipment
- Correspond daily with field/shop personnel providing information on deliveries and communication regarding items purchased and received by the shop and field
- Upload shipping receivers to SharePoint from the shop and field
- Process shipping receivers and enter goods receipts into ESKER and SAP
- Examine purchase orders to determine if all required reports, manuals and instruction books have been received, and supplier deficiencies and/or exceptions have been reconciled as required
- Take appropriate action to resolve any deficiencies in the Purchase Order – Vendor Data Requirements (VDR)
- Work closely with the PM, procurement and accounting department in processing and closing out invoices
- 3 to 5 years of experience in project support with knowledge of engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction
- Experience with and understanding plant process equipment, piping, instrumentation, electrical, civil and structural components
- Demonstrated competencies in building and maintaining supplier relationships
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy, strong time management, and organizational skills
- Experience working with business management software (MS Office, SharePoint, SAP, ESKER)
- Professional, dependable, work independently, positive attitude and resourceful
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.