Purchasing Manager (Raw Materials)
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
You will work with the Procurement Manager to execute cross-organizational procurement and purchasing strategies.
As the Purchasing Manager, you will support all TKI procurement activity by aligning purchasing strategies with ongoing projects and long-term planning.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who has a chemical purchasing background with previous experience purchasing NPKS (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sulfur). You will enjoy building and maintaining relationships and value strong customer service. In addition, you will be accustomed to negotiation, analysis and providing recommendations that will add value to business goals.
What you will do:
- Purchase raw materials for the company
- Develop relationships with key raw material suppliers while being the SME on raw materials at each plant site.
- Lead and execute purchasing strategies.
- Work across business units and shared service teams to reduce total cost.
- Implement purchasing strategies covering all TKI capital goods, indirect goods/services, raw materials, and transportation services to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Manage metrics and reporting to demonstrate vendor performance and TKI bottom-line improvements.
- Continually evaluate key metrics and performance indicators.
- Use planning data to ensure new and existing vendors meet TKI needs.
- Develop and coordinate policies and procedures regarding purchasing processes to drive compliance and process efficiency.
- Continuously improve and re-evaluate the company's purchasing activities, including business process improvements.
- Balance price, terms, and required internal administration to drive optimal business solutions.
- Work closely with BU Leaders to agree on goals and targets to support BU performance and EBIT.
- Manage ongoing competitive cost position for all procurement activities
- Manage corporate purchasing functions to efficiently deliver internal customer requirements.
- Coach colleagues in the application of effective purchasing tactics.
- Other assignments as requested by the Procurement Manager.
- Nurture relationships throughout the organization (i.e. TKI BU and shared service leaders; Functional department managers; Plant managers; Regional sales managers; Accounting and controlling managers).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area
- 3+ years of experience in a purchasing or related environment
- Experience with the buying of raw materials is required, specifically the procurement of NPKS (Nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur) experience is highly desired
- Experience and background in the chemical/process industry highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to drive joint programs across functions and business units
- Demonstrated competencies in purchasing strategies in the interest of increasing business efficiency
- Proven skills in project, process, and people management
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills
- Leadership aptitude: ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- High-level competencies in all Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Experience and understanding of ERP (SAP preferred) type systems
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Experience level
- Mid-Senior Level
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.
- United States