Quality Control Lab Technician
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial, and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one that the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
The QC Laboratory technician will be responsible for monitoring product quality by analytical testing using a variety of common and moderately complex tasks. This position will provide technical support which will facilitate efficient and effective laboratory functionality as well as results analysis and report production. It is most appropriate for an individual who is detail-oriented with good organizational skills. A background in chemistry with previous lab experience is preferred.
What you will do:
- Follow laboratory and other company safety procedures including the constant proper use of appropriate PPE and the practice of good housekeeping standards.
- Set up, adjust, and operate laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Be responsible for data quality and method integrity.
- Timely preparation of written documents as required to report test results.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data to select corrective steps.
- Maintain the integrity of the sample retention library.
- Maintain a working knowledge/understanding of the operation of, and the computer programs associated with all lab equipment.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining the inventory of lab supplies.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and performing preventative maintenance.
- Stay motivated and perform duties with limited supervision.
- Strive to comprehend and carry out detailed instructions.
What we will need from you:
- Associate degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with wet chemistry and titrations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to become trained on complex instrumentation including but not limited to ICP, liquid chromatography, atomic absorption, and gas chromatography.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to alternate standing and sitting for 8 hours, with a majority standing.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to use arms and hands in an analytical setting.
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Paid maternity and Parental time off
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program