Rail Delivery Specialist
We are actively searching for an experienced Rail Delivery Specialist to join our team in the Phoenix Corporate office. As a Rail Delivery Specialist, you will collaborate across the organization to manage and arrange safe transit of rail shipments focusing on current delivery requirements.
- Plan and arrange all rail deliveries for customer orders, consignment, and replenishment locations.
- Tracking and tracing of all rail shipments.
- Run and distribute reports for rail fleet-idle, loaded, empty, and transit.
- Maintain delivery duelist to ensure that all open rail orders are current.
- Identify areas of opportunity to cut costs while without jeopardizing service.
- Maintain open communications with inventory controllers, plants, terminals, and customer service to confirm the status of pending delivery transactions.
- Work with rail carriers to obtain rail delivery status, problem resolution, or service orders.
- Create and maintain rail patterns.
- Generate rail waybills or diversions.
- Assist as a backup to Rate Pricing Specialist and Rail Operations Specialist.
- Work cohesively with Supply Chain to confirm adequate inventory levels at plants and terminals.
- Interface with Sales for alternative sourcing options or supply recommendations.
- Handle customer difficulties and inquiries.
- Develop and nurture relationships with third-party transportation vendors.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers on transportation-related inquires and manage conflicts in a professional manner.
- Establish proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develop appropriate solutions; and take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Help develop training material pertaining to your role.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Minimum of five years’ experience in transportation or related environment.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity) and can manage stressful environments.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations (49CFR)
- Knowledge of NMFC
- Able to train others with varying skill level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Effective listening skills
- Able to see the bigger picture across functionality
- Sets high standards of performance for self.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for completing assignments and/or tasks.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Child bearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program