Sales Specialist, Crop Vitality
Crop Vitality, the leading producer of sulfur-based plant nutrition and originator of Thio-Sul®, has an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a growing team.
Join the Crop Vitality team as a Sales Specialist and be part of a collaborative team of agronomists and other sales specialists.
As a Sales Specialist, you will report directly to the regional sales manager and manage the Florida & Georgia regions. You will nurture established relationships, develop new relationships with new distributors & retailers, and maintain and manage the existing book of business. In addition, you will play a key role in educating our current and new customers in expanding the Crop Vitality product portfolio into the Organic market.
The most valuable candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and thrive in a collaborative environment while bringing experience in agriculture, including both sales and agronomy. You will also enjoy finding solutions to problems for the customer and be comfortable presenting technical information to small and large groups.
Please Note: We are most interested in those living in any city within Flordia or Georgia.
What you can expect to do:
- Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
- Research and identify sales opportunities for TKI Crop Vitality products within the assigned region.
- Develop clear and compelling written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Develop quarterly, and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown in the assigned region.
- Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests, and offers from competitors’ pertinent market intel.
- Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
- Schedule, organize and execute TKI Crop Vitality product presentations to distributors, retailers, and growers.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and providing follow-up service.
- Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of changes in product application, relevant technology, market conditions, and industry news.
- Monitor and report competitors’ activities within the specified region of responsibility.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition, or other life sciences.
- Possess or willing to obtain a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license.
- 3 to 5 years of field experience in plant nutrition, soil science, or other agricultural-related science – technical understanding of plant nutrition is a plus.
- Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
- You will have experience speaking to small and large groups and delivering product information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- You will work within a budget, expenses, and time constraints.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including wearing TKI Crop Vitality apparel while representing the company on sales calls, conferences, or business events.
- Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge and or experience in the Organic market is a plus.
- Willing to travel 60% to 70% of the time.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development, and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with a dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non-Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.