Sales Specialist- NovaSource
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As the Sales Specialist, you will report directly to the North America Sales Leader and support the NovaSource Brand the Crop Protection Business for Tessenderlo Kerley Inc.
You will support and eventually expand existing products in the region consisting primarily of Northern California, including the Klamath Valley and Nevada.
As the Sales Specialist, you will interact with growers, distributors, and retailers for the region and be responsible for maintaining and expanding profitable sales and technical support.
Some primary responsibilities would include executing the annual budget, forecasting sales, and long-term contribution to customer and account development. Other key goals you could expect as a Sales Specialist are:
- Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
- Maintain the current established client portfolio and look to build the size of ‘wallet spend’ attributed to NovaSource.
- Work with sales leadership in the establishment and use of product price decision-making variables.
- Research and identify new sales opportunities.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Develop accurate quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown for the region.
- Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests, and offers from competitors’ pertinent market intelligence.
- Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
- Use agronomists to support the execution of sales and marketing plans (where appropriate)
- Schedule, organize and execute NovaSource product presentations to distributors, retailers, and growers.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and providing follow-up service.
- Be involved with relevant industry organizations and trade associations, and attend industry events, as appropriate.
Skills and knowledge we hope to find from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition, or other life sciences is preferred
- Professional Crop Advisor (PCA) is required or the ability to obtain this certification w/in the first 90 days.
- At least 5 years of agricultural sales experience, 3 of which are agricultural crop protection industry focused
- A track record of success in field sales
- Proven working relationships with distribution and/or retailers at all levels.
- Proven ability to work with crop advisors
- Experience in the region preferred
- Combination of large and small company experience is a plus
- Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP, and CRM tools.
- Ability to forecast
- Ability to work within a budget, expenses, and time constraints.
- Self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.