SAP Business Team Lead
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
The Tessenderlo Group Information Communication Technology (ICT) department is looking for an SAP Business Platform Team Lead to manage all SAP modules and peripheral applications, while leading a team.
As the leader, you will manage the SAP team by handling the day-to-day allocation of the team projects, changes, and support, and provide backups when needed. In addition, you will provide guidance and support through education, mentoring, and evaluation.
The ideal candidate will be an SAP SME but also enjoy developing others.
Some of what you could expect to do is:
- Lead the SAP team in defining, benchmarking, and updating the roadmap of the SAP applications, and the functional design and architecture for the newest SAP platform.
- Lead business process analysis and translate business requirements into workable SAP solutions and functional design for specific projects and changes, including development.
- Write functional analyses for programs, development, and execution of functional (integration) test scripts.
- Be a high-level subject matter expert for all SAP modules and surrounding applications.
- Lead functional architects for medium and large SAP implementation projects.
- Support business users in the delivery of end-user training.
- Work closely with or lead process teams to facilitate project progress and ensure integrated system solutions.
- Function as a key member of project teams throughout the full project lifecycle (blueprinting, realization, final prep, go-live, and support), including the operation phase.
- Provide implementation support to prepare businesses for system solutions.
- Guide businesses on the appropriate use of the SAP system and surrounding applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems that allow for effective and timely resolution of issues, including but not limited to production outages.
- Maintain proper change control for the SAP system.
What we would need from you to be successful:
- At least 8 years of successful work experience with SAP application implementations in an international industrial environment.
- Expertise in multiple SAP lifecycle implementations and rollouts under different versions of SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 environment.
- Practical experience in SAP S/4 Hana migrations is a plus.
- A profound understanding of SAP applications and business processes in order to construct long-term strategies, detect synergies between technologies and businesses and translate them into pragmatic and efficient plans.
- A proven track record of encouraging co-workers to develop new knowledge and skills, and collaborate in a multicultural context.
- An entrepreneurial spirit to continuously strive to optimize the performance of the technology and the team.
- A service-minded team player who advises business colleagues toward feasible solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.