Senior HSE Specialist
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of Tessenderlo Kerley find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
If you want the work you do to make a positive impact on the world in which we live, working alongside innovative, quality-focused people of vision, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
As a Health, Safety, and Environmental Specialist at Tessenderlo Kerley, you will help ensure that all company employees and supporting contractors go home unharmed every night.
You will assist with ensuring that governmental and company HSE requirements are met at all times.
You will be a member of the Corporate HSE Team, supporting 13 chemical manufacturing and processing sites in the USA.
What you will do:
- Conduct periodic HSE audits of process facilities to identify potential hazards and environmental risks and recommend corrective actions.
- Assist with PSM audits of process plants.
- Analyze and prepare HSE procedures, training programs, and corporate-wide HSE initiatives to reduce operational risks.
- Lead in analyzing current and proposed government regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT, and other entities) to ensure compliance and possible implications to the business.
- Lead incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Assists facilities with the completion of environmental annual reports (Tier II, TRI, Hazardous Waste, Pollution Prevention, Air Emission Inventories).
- Assists facilities with hazardous waste management programs and air permitting activities.
- Assists facilities with environmental plan development (ERP, SWPPP, SPCC, Site Security Plans).
- Serve as a core member of the Central Regulatory Group.
- Apply advanced skills and critical thinking to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
What we need from you:
- BS degree in Engineering or Science related discipline. Advanced degree and/or HSE professional certification preferred.
- Seven or more years work experience in a chemical manufacture / process environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze regulations and assist operating facilities with compliance strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be able to travel up to 30%.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and teamwork
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401(k) plan with dollar-for-dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401(k) Company Retirement Contribution at year-end at up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation and sick time, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,000 per calendar year (non-taxable)
- Adoption Assistance - up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Childbearing and parental leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.