Senior Microsoft Azure Data Engineer & Architect
To implement enterprise Power BI reporting solutions, the Tessenderlo Group global ICT department, located in Brussels, is looking for a Senior Microsoft Azure Data Engineer & Architect. In this role you:
- Identify, elicit and document project requirements in the business and translate these into technical specifications for Power BI applications and reports.
- Participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of ETL/ELT solutions, using Azure Data-Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL services.
- Orchestrate data using Azure Data Factory by creating Azure Data Pipelines and Data Flows. Develop and maintain Azure Data Lake folders using best practice architecture. Create an Azure data lake house to facilitate enterprise Power BI reporting architecture.
- Design, develop, test and implement Azure Data Factory enterprise integration, migration and dataflow solutions.
- Develop and maintain SQL tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, and triggers created for Power BI reporting, using T-SQL. Plan and/or develop data ETL and ELT procedures using Azure Synapse to orchestrate data and deliver tables required for Power BI Reporting.
- Work closely with other ICT colleagues and business stakeholders to design Azure SQL database and Azure Data Lake storage solutions that effectively meet security guidelines.
- Take the lead in the technical architecture and governance of the new business intelligence & data analytics platform
- Maintain an understanding of Business Intelligence technology, external regulation and industry best practices through ongoing education and reading specialist media.
You report to the Global BI Teamlead.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Business Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ analytics and systems implementation experience in the Microsoft BI tool stack, including requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, change management and support.
- Profound experience with Azure Data Factory, ETL/ELT solutions using T-SQL and administering, setting up and deploying Azure services creating Power BI solutions in the workplace.
- Strong understanding of ETL/ELT and experience using Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse and/or Data Bricks.
- Knowledge of SAP BW is a plus.
- As a business thinker with a strong interest in the technical aspects, you synthesize complex processes to an understandable whole.
- Eager to learn and adapt new technologies.
- With your proactive approach, you keep on spotting opportunities for improvement and formulate adequate proposals.
- Service minded team player with good communication skills in Dutch-English or French-English, both written and verbally.