Senior Process Engineer
Who are we? We are Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., a company of diverse businesses that serve the global agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies.
Do you have experience working with sulfur chemistry at a chemical plant or refinery? Well, grab your safety glasses, because we are looking for a Process Engineer to support our 13 plants across the United States.
In the role of Process Engineer, you will be responsible for ongoing projects while also making recommended changes in procedures. You will work closely with operators to troubleshoot and improve/debottleneck processes, provide turn-around support, review specification sheets, size equipment and be responsible for answering chemistry and compatibility questions.
The most valuable candidates will have the ability to juggle multiple – and sometimes ambiguous – tasks while maintaining balance and meeting deadlines.
Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager, you will work closely with management teams sharing progress and operating with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
If you want to make a positive impact on the world and work alongside innovative, quality-focused people, then Tessenderlo Kerley is the right place for you.
Areas you can expect to work in:
Plant Safety Maintenance
- Review and Assist with MOCs and What-Ifs
- Review and Redline P&IDs, Spec Sheets, Equipment Drawings
- Troubleshooting – Chemistry/Quality Issues, Process/Plant Upsets, Equipment Failures
- Process Improvement
Process/Project Design including but not excluding.
- PSV Sizing, Pipe/Line Sizing, Pump Sizing, Equipment Sizing
- Review and Create Material and Energy Balances/PFDs
- Assist with loop shooting and instrument troubleshooting
- Assist with Tuning
Company Process Technology
- Chemical Compatibility
- Chemistry/Chemical Reactions
Able to lead, give sound engineering guidance/judgment for a safe and successful startup
Able to write Procedures and PSM Manual/Training Manuals
- Able to plan and execute
- Budgeting and Cost Tracking
- Contractor and Vendor Coordination
- Plant presence: Travel: 30% to 40%
- HSE compliance
- completion of MOCs, TA support, plant support
- Project oversight and reviews with management: Review of spec sheets
What we need from you:
- BS in Chemical Engineering (or other Engineering degrees eg Mechanical, Control ) with 6 to 10 years of engineering experience is required.
- Independence of action, technical knowledge, and Problem Solving – Be self-directed and able to work independently.
- You will be able to work safely, efficiently, and at an appropriate pace to meet the needs of the internal customer.
- You will be effective in how you communicate your thoughts, ideas, and concepts.
- Set goals and manage time/projects with the support of management.
- Work with others to move projects/work forward. Work with others to pursue goals/ideas.
- Inspire others by professionalism, attitude, and productivity.
- Safety minded and responsible for all safety protocols.
Why join Tessenderlo Kerley:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program
Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.