Temporary Purchase Ledger Assistant
John Davidson Pipes are one of the leading distributors of civils and drainage products in the UK. As part of Tessenderlo Group, a worldwide organisation in more than 20 countries, JDP and its manufacturing partners are some of Europe's leading experts throughout our industries. With a network of 26 branches across the UK, JDP is undergoing a period of growth and change and we need motivated and knowledgeable people that can help us achieve our goals. If you are interested in becoming part of this exciting journey please apply!
Do you have a strong eye for detail? Are you organised? Are you happy working in a small but busy team? If so we want to hear from you!
JDP are looking for a Temporary Purchase Ledger Assistant to join us for a period of 3-6 months in our already established team in our head office in Longtown.
The Purchase Ledger team are focused on ensuring that all good purchased are accurately recorded, authorised and accounted for and this position will involve processing a high volume of invoices.
If you are used to working in a fast paced environment, are a good team player and are looking for your next challenge, we could have your new role!
- Processing high volume of invoices.
- To ensure that all goods purchased are accurately recorded, authorised and accounted for.
- To control supplier accounts (ensuring that all due invoices are cleared for payment efficiently and all queries are resolved) in order to maximise the amount of discount receivable each month.
- To control inter-company accounts.
- To control Debit Note completions.
- Recording overhead costs and accounting for Vat.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Be passionate
- Work well in a team
- Be confident and proactive
- Excellent knowledge of excel spreadsheets
- You will be confident and have a professional telephone manner when dealing with suppliers and colleagues.
- Work in an organised manner and have attention to detail when recording all communications with suppliers and branch staff.
- An understanding of SAP Business One would be advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Staff discount
- Full support and training