Area manager Germany
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs more than 4,700 people, is a leader in most of its markets, and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2019. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- Develop and align on sales strategy and country plan with the line managers. Refine and implement this strategy, including the pricing strategy vs. group rules.
- Lead the sales activities in line with the sales strategy.
- Use knowledge of market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Maintain the current distribution network, high focus to grow the business flow in the region, and work closely with the distributors/cooperatives to find win/win solutions on volumes & margins.
- Propose local marketing and promotional materials and events, to stimulate product sales
- Maintain and update an action plan, accountable for administrative tasks, market and business data capturing as required and reporting to hierarchical managers.
- Responsible for demand forecasting and advise on demand planning.
- Coordinate with the agronomist in order to realize a sound and accurate technical support. The area manager will manage hierarchically the agronomist, based in Germany – Bremen
- Ensure highest level of product stewardship on all products including product risk liabilities.
- Engage actively in relevant industry organizations, cross-functional associations, and seminars/conventions/events that provide educational, networking, and lead generation opportunities.
- Network with and identifies potential new partners, new customers, and logistics providers in his/her territory and raise opportunities for improvement with hierarchical managers.
o Establish highly effective relationships with distributor customers based on quality products, services and convenience.
o Monitor the customer needs and trends.
o Capture feedback from competitors and market evolution in order to evaluate the impact on the overall sales strategy.
Budget & Reporting
- Meet sales and financial objectives.
- Prepare an annual budget, both for sales and expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
- Submit periodic reports through the CRM system in place, as well as on specific demand of the hierarchical managers.
With a master’s degree in Agronomy or equal by experience, the candidate will demonstrate about minimum five years sales experience in fertilizers or/and crop nutrition on the German Market, ideally for specialty products.
The candidate will be familiar with distribution and cooperatives and have good negotiation background as well as professional experience in working in a matrix environment; will have a solid understanding of economical, legal & regulatory aspects.
Knowledge of financial concepts is also a must.
Fluent in English and German.
• With a pragmatic solution-oriented approach, the candidate is humble, a good team player and shows good communication skills.
• Autonomy, empathy & positivity are important in the organization as well as agility & flexibility.
• Entrepreneurial, assuming responsibility for performance, recognizing opportunities and acting efficiently, effectively and with integrity.
• Self-resilient, highly motivated comfortable working in a matrix environment.
• Organized, disciplined, numerate and fact-based decision taking.
• Prepared to travel regularly (+- 50%, depending on the season).
- Experience level
- Not Applicable
- Tessenderlo Group
- Business unit
- Tessenderlo Kerley International