Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals, energy and providing industrial solutions with a focus on water. The group employs approximately 4,800 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 2.1 billion EUR in 2021. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
The philosophy that ‘Every Molecule Counts’ defines the unique attitude to sustainability and continuous practical innovation within each department of Tessenderlo Group. As an international company with Belgian roots, Tessenderlo Group also promotes personal and local entrepreneurship, creating opportunities for all of our employees to take on challenging roles and real responsibilities. On top of this, our people are encouraged to further develop their competencies through regular training initiatives and are rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
To strengthen the legal team, the Tessenderlo Group legal department, located in Brussels, is looking for an Paralegal Officer. In this role you:
- You will prepare, review and manage corporate legal documents (e.g. minutes of Board of Directors, General Meetings, Powers of Attorney, etc.) of the group legal entities;
- You will assist the General Counsel with the preparation of the General Meeting of the listed parent company as well as the Board and committee meetings;
- Ensuring timely renewal and publications of mandates of the group entities;
- You will assist in the preparation of extraordinary transactions and operations in coordination with notaries (providing documentation, reviewing drafts…);
- You will provide assistance to the Compliance Officer and compliance workgroup (e.g. assistance with insider trading legislation);
- You will maintain and upgrade the Group Legal Databases (including corporate housekeeping documents, contracts and Intellectual Property) and Group Legal Chart;
- You will ensure the follow-up of requests from legal counsels and from other departments for corporate documents and/or legalization of documents;
- You will assist with the management of the new contract management system (entries of meta data – access management etc…)
- You will assist with Trade Compliance searches for the various business units;
- Administrative follow-up of all invoices related to the legal department.
- You will support the legal team in ad hoc projects (e-learning programs, draft legal correspondence, memoranda, templates, translations…).
- Support for Risk (filing insurance policies-documents –certificates - follow-up invoices)
- Bachelor of Legal Practice or equivalent through experience;
- Having or be willing to follow the necessary Legal training or having equivalent on-the-job experience to build a good understanding of the key corporate housekeeping and legal compliance concepts and terminology,
- Your work is extremely accurate and you enjoy paying attention to details and deadlines;
- You have experience with the use, maintenance and set up of data bases such as Sharepoint
- You are able to work autonomously in a fast moving working environment
- You have a positive attitude and drive & proactive communication skills
- You are reliable and trustworthy and you are a team player.
- You are very fluent in Dutch, French and English
- A role with responsibilities and a wide variety of activities;
- Participate in ambitious challenges;
- In a caring environment;
- Invest in activities that make sense, in building a better world, because every molecule counts.
This is what Tessenderlo Group can offer you.