PB Leiner is one of the world’s leading producers of high quality gelatins and collagen peptides. We supply a growing market in food, pharma, health nutrition and technical applications. In all our efforts, we strive to be The Clear Solution for our customers. We spot and exploit opportunities, and try to anticipate future trends for them. We pursue outstanding quality and choice, as well as smooth delivery. We have a global presence in terms of both our plants and sales support, and count approximately 1,100 collaborators worldwide. PB Leiner is part of Tessenderlo Group.
Supervises union employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of gelatin and byproducts complies with quality, quantity, and cost standards. This position directs 15 to 20 union production operators. This position also works to see that all safety, food safety, and environmental compliance measures are met. This position assists operations in troubleshooting and solving problems.
Key Results Areas
- Supervises gelatin production activities to ensure product meets or exceeds requirements.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain the plant in a good condition according to GMP, Food Safety and Regulatory requirements.
- Lead, train, and develop the Union work force.
- Prepare overtime work postings, assign and fill open work.
- Maintain, improve, and comply with all environmental standards and regulations.
- Review inventory levels and work with Purchasing and Outside Warehousing to ensure the plant is properly stocked.
- Work with Maintenance Department in scheduling and prioritizing preventative and corrective maintenance of the production areas.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure by-products and waste streams are removed fluently.
- Update yield and production report.
- Assumes product quality.
- Assists operators in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Review processing documentation for lot cut offs and traceability.
- Implement cost control and cost reduction measures within the production and environmental areas.
- Recommend improvements in production process.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Supervisory Management, Engineering, Business Management, or Technical School Trade with 5-8 years of experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.